Guidelines To Set or Break a Guinness World Record
Guidelines To Set or Break a Guinness World Record: We know a lot of people ask themselves this question “How can I set or break Guinness World Record“. Ask no more, here are steps, and guidelines for breaking the Guinness World Record, according to the website.
According to the Guinness World Record website “To become a record-holder, one needs determination, extraordinary skills, and commitment. Before applying for an existing record, it’s crucial to check current information and ensure you have what it takes to break the record. When suggesting a new record idea, it’s recommended to research existing records in your area of expertise. New record ideas must be significantly different and showcase a completely new skill. Approximately 60% of applications for new records are rejected, but they are always looking out for new and exciting ideas reflecting global diversity.
For example, a 27-year-old Nigerian Chef, Hilda Baci, is trying to break the Guinness World Record of the longest cooking hours, which is currently held by an Indian chef Lata Tondon set in 2019 for cooking 87 hours and 45 minutes.
According to our source, Hilda Baci has already surpassed the cooking record by setting her own record of the longest cooking hours at over 100 hours. She is awaiting her moment of truth because there are steps to breaking or setting a record, which we are very happy to share below:
Steps To Take Before Applying For Guinness World Record
1. Explore The World Records Database: This involves exploring the world records database thoroughly, you will discover remarkable achievements, gain inspiration, and gather knowledge for pursuing your own record-breaking endeavors.
2. Choose A World Record To Attempt: We know that before going through the world records, you might already have a record you want to break in mind or you even get new idea suggestions.
3. Apply and Wait To Receive The Guidelines: It takes 12 weeks or more to get feedback from the GWR team. They always give feedback on whether your world record suggestion is accepted or not. Do well to check the current waiting time for the most up-to-date information. In cases where the individual seeking to break a world record is in a hurry, you apply through the Guinness World Record Priority Application service (charges apply).
4. Understand The Requirements and Evidence Needed For The Attempt: GWR team will give the individual seeking to break the record a very vital document called “Guide To Your Evidence”, this document explains in detail how to get your world record attempt verified. Most record attempts have been rejected because the individuals involved didn’t meet up with particular guidelines.
5. Keep On Practicing: it takes dedication and determination to become set or break a world record because you have to be the best. You can attempt when you are confident that you’re the best or have met the minimum requirements in case of a new record.
6. Officially Carry Out Your World Record Attempt: If you have your logistics together, that is making sure you have the necessary equipment needed. Choose a Day, Time, and location for your record attempt. Well, an independent witness, a photographer, and a videographer are meant to be there for documentation.
7. Submit Evidence: Submit your evidence, cover letter, and all required documents. Guinness World Record has over 50% rejection rate, mostly because of insufficient evidence.
Once confident, upload your evidence online and await the result. Our Records Management Team reviews each application individually, and the process might take up to 12 weeks. Check current waiting times for updated information.
8. Moment Of Truth: You will receive an official Guinness World Records certificate if you succeed in setting or breaking a record. If not you apply again or give a different record a try.
There are things you can’t attempt for a Guinness World Records certification, check the list below
- Avoid engaging in activities involving alcohol such as fast drinking, binge drinking, or drinking competitions.
- Illegal actions taken to break records are not allowed.
- Adhere to guidelines for food donation and consumption to prevent food loss in records related to food.
- Activities should not endanger or harm animals.
- Avoid activities that could potentially endanger or harm the audience.
- Restrict eating records to short time frames and small serving sizes, discouraging excessive eating.
- Consider the appropriateness of activities for children under the age of 16.
How To Apply For Guinness World Record
According to the Guinness Book of World Records website, it’s important to have the following to set or break a world record:
- Sign up for a profile
- An email with an activation link will be sent to you. CLICK the link, it will take you to your dashboard.
- To apply for a record, CLICK the green button.
- Check for the record you wish to break.
- Click the “Apply Now” button soon as the record you are trying to break is sighted. You can choose “Apply for a new record title” at the bottom of the page when the record you are trying to break cannot be found.
- Completely fill out the application.
Leave a Reply